Charity Commission registration / Registered Charity Status
The Star bikers are currently excluded from registered charity status as we do not meet the current requirements set out by the charity commission guidelines & regulations.
Charity Commission guidelines state a charity must have an income of over £5000 as a minimum requirement to register, we are currently operating below this threshold figure.
- As it currently stands the Star Bikers charity appeal has always been about collecting gifts rather than money, namely Easter Eggs & Childrens’ toys & not motivated by financial gain, the money is merely a bonus & required for administration.
- Money or profits we raise are always handed over to other charitable organisations as donations or passed to good causes selected by the Star Bikers charity committee, with a portion of any money raised being kept aside to pay for running costs, overheads & other expenses to hold the events. We may collect money acting as fundraisers or collectors for other charity organisations & good causes, not our own charity appeal which is focused on Egg & Toy donation as it’s primary aim. Sometimes money we have raised will be used to purchase items to be donated to hospitals, childrens’ societies & good causes (such as medical hardware, educational equipment or furnishings) in the form of a gift rather than given as a financial donation.
- Charity commission guidelines also state if a charities financial accounts show the gross income figures are under £25,000 in the accounting year, there is no legal obligation for the accounts to be examined under external scrutiny or annual financial review by a 3rd party. Our finances currently fall well below this threshold.
- All the Star Bikers committee & any working party associated with the charity are volunteers who do not receive any payment or financial incentive. Money may on occasion be recouped to cover any out of pocket expenses should they occur, but if this is the case, all information is recorded & documented using proper procedure.
Charity commission guidelines & legislation can be found by visiting - www.charitycommission.gov.uk
Website Terms & conditions
This Web Site is operated & maintained by Electroniques / Ian Maddock for & on behalf of the Stoke on Trent Bikers Charity & it’s committee & also the Star Bikers motorcycle club.
Within these terms and conditions, any use of “We”, “Us” and “Our” means Stoke on Trent Bikers Charity and/or the Star bikers Motorcycle club.
Information Structure and Availability
While we take every care to ensure that the information on this Web Site is accurate and complete, much of it is supplied to us by a third party source and we may be unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this Web Site is provided “AS IS” without any warranties of any kind and We do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
External Links to Other Sites
On this Web Site you may be offered automatic links to other web sites. Whilst We hope you will be interested in those web sites, you acknowledge that their owners may be independent from Us and We do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
We cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for any losses you may suffer as a result of entering into any transaction with any third party including any branded retailers on the site.
Using our Guestbook & our interactive message board / Forums
The SBR forums & guestbook facilities are for private, non commercial use. All message forums may be monitored. Any moderators or administrators of the site reserve the right to edit or remove any content from message boards or the guestbook without warning or explanation. By participating in discussion boards you explicitly accept the use policy and terms and conditions for the site. You should expect that any content posted of an offensive, libellous or sexually explicit nature will be removed and the author or user may be permanently excluded. Stoke on Trent Bikers or the website designer cannot be held responsible for specific content in this area of the site or the views expressed therein. Spammers or persons promoting Online gambling, Drugs, pornography, and other related topics such as using this site for unauthorised hotlinking or simply intending to use this site for promoting their own online services to raise their own search engine ranking position are prohibited & such users will have their message removed without warning.
Although we welcome and respect the opinions of all users, we request that bad language is not used on the site forum or guestbook. Your conduct when posting messages should reflect an appropriate respect and consideration for any children that may be reading, especially around the time of the Egg and Toy Runs. Please remember this site is accessible to all age groups without restriction.
Stoke on Trent Bikers strive to maintain a family friendly atmosphere.
Sponsors & Trade Marks
All brand names or other trade marks used on this Web Site are the property of their respective owners.
When visiting our Web site, your Web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements were most likely produced by other Web sites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. We do not endorse or recommend products or services for which you may view a pop-up advertisement on your computer screen while visiting our site.
Pop ups are no longer used on this site. In the past we used them on our online chatroom & also to highlight Private message alerts on the message board, these features have been removed.
Stoke on Trent Bikers does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions of authors expressed on this Website do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Star Bikers Motorcycle club or Charity and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this Web Site are owned by Us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this Web Site, you may download a single copy of the material for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
Any images or other content submitted to this site become the property of the Stoke on Trent Bikers Charity. All Residual rights may remain with the original creator which will affect how subsequent owners deal with the work. The creator is able to claim authorship in the work (that no one else can pass the work off as their own original work) The Creator is able to object and prevent his or her work being subjected to any distortion, mutilation or other derogatory action which would ultimately be prejudicial to his or her honour or reputation.
1. Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Stoke on Trent Bikers gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided on our newsletter. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. Message boards/forums policy
Users of the site’s Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn’t register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
3. “E-mail this to a friend” policy
Our site does not use an “Email this to a Friend” feature.
We no longer offer interactive polls to users.
Stoke on Trent Bikers strive to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere.
6. Usage tracking / Cookies
Stoke on Trent Bikers tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Stoke on Trent Bikers does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
The information we collect via this website may include:
1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
3) Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing us or by writing to us. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to comply with customer service obligations.
2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us, enclosing a SAE & a cheque for £20 which will be donated to the charity fund & please mark the envelope “Customer data request, FAO Webmaster www.stokebikeruns.co.uk”
By taking part in any Star Bikers run, participants agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
These rules are not here to spoil your fun, they are just common sense and are here to ensure people’s safety and ensure the run can continue for the future.
- All vehicles must display a valid tax disc for that vehicle.
- All vehicles must be in a roadworthy condition and (if over three years old) have a valid MOT certificate.
- All participants must be insured against third party damage.
- All participants must hold a valid driving licence.
- An approved helmet must be worn when required to do so by law.
- Riders must not perform wheelies, tricks or stunts.
- Riders must follow instructions given by the Police and Marshals.
- Riders must ride in a legal and safe manner.
Social Bookmarking (what are these icons / buttons for?)