Are you interested in becoming a Marshal for our events, do you want to get involved on the day of the runs?
* * * You don’t need to be a bike rider to apply. * * *
Non-motorcycle owners are also welcome to enquire if they wish.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE MARSHALS & SUPPORT
VOLUNTEERS TO HELP ON RUN DAY
There are several ways of letting us know you wish to offer your help. We also welcome enquiries if you are part of a bikers club or organisation or just an individual & wish to offer your help, leave a point of contact & we will then get back to you shortly.
- Phone & leave your details, Call (01782) 414831 – there is an answering service on this number if nobody is available to take your details in person.
- Write to us or if you refer you could simply download an application form to become an event marshal (click here) & post the completed forms to us (Postal address provided on the contact page & it’s also shown on the form).
- Speak with one the committee group if you spot them out & about.
You could also attend one of our weekly meetings which are held on Wednesday nights (9.30pm) in the Greyhound in Penkhull & offer your services.
- Fill in a Form – enter your name, an email address & add any other information in the panel such as a contact number or if you are emailing to represent yourself or a number of people as well as pehaps highlighting some of your experience.
- Fill in a Form – You could also fill in a form if you spot us on our stall at any motorcycle show or similar event we attend – these forms are also available on run day from the merchandise stall as well as being left on tables. Forms may also be left to collect in many of the local bike shops – you can find these shops listed on our local dealers page. Simply pick up a form & pop it in the post once completed.
- Offer to help – If you have marshaled one of our events previously – As a VERY last resort, turn up on the day of the run & pester some of the people already in Marshals bibs or police officers…. although we would prefer you to contact us 1st or come along in advance & attend our pre run meeting for a full briefing & to be allocated your point.
Experience is preferred but not essential. You will be fully briefed & if required, trained. Anyone can apply to be a marshal or a volunteer.
You don’t need to be a motorcyclist to apply. Non-motorcycle owners are also welcome to enquire if they wish.
Some marshal positions could be better controlled by a car user or a number of pedestrians.
The only thing we point out is that it is a voluntary role, but it is one that goes down great on your CV or in your club meeting room as you will be part of one of the UK’s longest established motorcycle charity events & probably the UK’s largest.
Run support volunteers
We also as well as looking for marshals are on the lookout for volunteers & fundraisers to assist on the day of the runs in other ways, this role may be more suited to someone who perhaps doesn’t ride but still wants to get involved.
We need helpers to.:-
- Help coordinate the start point
- Help gather up or position cones & signs where needed
- Help with collections or donations
- Help collect Toys / Eggs back at Kings Hall & at Britannia Stadium
- Help to distribute tickets for raffles
- Help supervise the loading / unloading & transport of the donated gifts
- Observe & ensure the safe passage of the parade & the days procedings
- You could also if you wish, opt in to attend meetings or discussions with the committee leaders & put forward any ideas you may have to improve or enhance the runs & the day-to-day running of the charity.
We are in serious need to increase the number of marshals. In this day & age there is a strong emphasis on being put on Health & safety, for this reason we need to utilise as many marshals as we can get hold of & also free up duties for marshals who are currently doing more than 1 point or several roles at once. As marshals you are free to join the parade once the entire parade has successfully passed you at your duty point.
Social Bookmarking (what are these icons / buttons for?)